Project Engineer/Computer Vision Specialist
Scantrol Deep Vision is bringing advanced computer vision and machine learning technology to marine researchers and fishermen. We are looking for a project engineer to join our team. We are looking for a skilled and motivated employee with an interest in developing our products for marine research, commercial fisheries, and adjacent industries.
We are a small core team based in Bergen, working with an extensive, international network of suppliers and partners to bring our products to the market. We cooperate closely with scientists within marine research as well as computer vision. Our common goal is to develop products that will revolutionise scientific fish sampling as well as helping commercial fishermen optimise their operations for improved sustainability and profit.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include:
- Software development for embedded computer systems
- Development and implementation of computer vision and classification algorithms
- Participation in electronics and mechanical design
- Field testing of systems
- MSc in a relevant discipline
- Good language skills in Norwegian and English, spoken and written
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with version control systems and software documentation systems
- Experience with application development in teams
- Experience and interest in computer vision systems and machine learning
- Interest in, and physically capability for, field work at sea
We can offer:
- Project position with possibility of permanent employment
- Varied and challenging tasks in an exciting industry
- The possibility to participate in bringing new products to market
- Centrally located offices in on Bergen’s harbour with good access to public transport
- Competitive conditions
If you are interested, please send us an email with your resume and application. All applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
For further questions about the position, please contact Håvard Vågstøl, Senior Development Engineer, at +47 55 30 15 25 or firstname.lastname@example.org.