Project Engineer – Computer Vision Systems
Scantrol Deep Vision is bringing advanced computer vision and machine learning technology to marine researchers and fishers. We have delivered the first Deep Vision systems to our research customers and want to expand our team with a project engineer, for upcoming deliveries and exciting new opportunities. We are looking for a skilled and motivated employee with an interest in project work and commissioning and service of our products for marine research, commercial fisheries and adjacent industries.
We are a small core team based in Bergen with a computer vision research department in Girona, Spain. In addition, we have an extensive, international network of suppliers and partners that work to bring our products to the global market. We cooperate closely with scientists within marine research, machine learning and computer vision from all over the world. Our common goal is to develop blue technology for more sustainable fishing practices that will revolutionize the way we harvest the ocean’s resources.
The primary responsibilities for the position will include:
- Coordinating and running projects in collaboration with team members
- Purchasing and follow-up of subcontractors, and logistics
- System setup and camera calibration
- FAT, commissioning and SAT
- Field testing at sea and training of operators
- Participation in software and electronic development
- BSc or MSc in a relevant discipline
- Experience and interest in electronics
- Good language skills in Norwegian and English, spoken and written
- Experience from project work/coordination
- Experience and interest in computer vision systems
- Interest in, and physical capability for, fieldwork at sea
- Structured, solution-oriented and focused.
We can offer:
- Varied and challenging tasks in an exciting industry
- The possibility to participate in bringing new products to market
- Centrally located offices in on Bergen’s harbour with good access to public transport
- Competitive conditions
- An international environment with highly skilled colleagues
- A cooperative environment with frequent social events
For further questions about the position, please contact Helge Hammersland, Managing Director, via email or at +47 90 57 13 90.
Submit your resume and application here. All applications will be considered on a rolling basis.